Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Founding

This is the first entry of my Warhammer 40K wargaming project log, detailing the founding and exploits of my planned Dark Eldar force, the Kabal of the Black Jackal. On this site I will post army lists, tactics, battle reports, painting and assembly updates and short pieces of fluff regarding the Kabal, in its quest for glory and power in the Dark City of Commorragh.

Why, you may ask, did I choose to play Dark Eldar instead of a more popular and regularly updated side like Space Marines? Well firstly, it seems like everyone and his brother plays some flavor of Ultramarines (which is pretty much all one can do with the current Space Marine codex), and I was never one to do the popular thing; secondly, I discovered when playing my Imperial Guard Air Cavalry build that I like to play fast and aggressive games, and Dark Eldar seem to fit the role perfectly (don't worry, I have no intention of abandoning my heroic 08th Corvis Mobile Infantry); lastly, I like rooting for the underdog. The Dark Eldar have not had a new codex since their first one in 1998 (which was later updated in 2001, but was essentially the same codex), and I like the challenge of playing such an out-of-date side.

At the time of this writing, I do not possess any of the models, although I intend to do so when I have the means. In the meantime, I will test various list builds and strategies in proxy; however, such games will not count towards or against my record.

Glory to the Jackal!

No comments:

Post a Comment